Friday, July 1, 2011

Follow-Up Visit and Friday

Today is my follow-up visit to make sure the pregnancy is ending.  I understand wanting to cover all the bases, but I don't want the follow-up phone call confirming what I already know.  I'm back at work today and I don't know how I will react.

On top of all of this, my blood work from the first visit also showed abnormal sugar levels, so they have asked that I take the glucose test that you always hear about pregnant women taking to check for gestational diabetes.  Diabetes.  That's such a scary word.  Bad behavior has run rampant in my daily schedule.  There has been no exercise for fear of screwing up my chances of an egg sticking and I have been consoling myself with donuts and whatever else my little taste buds desire.

Over a year ago, I lost 40 pounds with Weight Watchers and exercise, so I know how to stay in shape.  Even though I hadn't gained any weight, I have definitely become soft since we started TTC and need to get back into a routine...baby-making or not.  

They say bad news happens in 3's.  Have I hit my third strike yet??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment